Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Job 11-20



Job.11

[1] Then answered Zophar the Naamathite, and said,
[2] Should not the multitude of words be answered? and should a man full of talk be justified?
[3] Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed?
[4] For thou hast said, My doctrine is pure, and I am clean in thine eyes.
[5] But oh that God would speak, and open his lips against thee;
[6] And that he would shew thee the secrets of wisdom, that they are double to that which is! Know therefore that God exacteth of thee less than thine iniquity deserveth.
[7] Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?
[8] It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?
[9] The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.
[10] If he cut off, and shut up, or gather together, then who can hinder him?
[11] For he knoweth vain men: he seeth wickedness also; will he not then consider it?
[12] For vain man would be wise, though man be born like a wild ass's colt.
[13] If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him;
[14] If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles.
[15] For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear:
[16] Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away:
[17] And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday; thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning.
[18] And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety.
[19] Also thou shalt lie down, and none shall make thee afraid; yea, many shall make suit unto thee.
[20] But the eyes of the wicked shall fail, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giving up of the ghost.

Job.12

[1] And Job answered and said,
[2] No doubt but ye are the people, and wisdom shall die with you.
[3] But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you: yea, who knoweth not such things as these?
[4] I am as one mocked of his neighbour, who calleth upon God, and he answereth him: the just upright man is laughed to scorn.
[5] He that is ready to slip with his feet is as a lamp despised in the thought of him that is at ease.
[6] The tabernacles of robbers prosper, and they that provoke God are secure; into whose hand God bringeth abundantly.
[7] But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
[8] Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
[9] Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?
[10] In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.
[11] Doth not the ear try words? and the mouth taste his meat?
[12] With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.
[13] With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.
[14] Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.
[15] Behold, he withholdeth the waters, and they dry up: also he sendeth them out, and they overturn the earth.
[16] With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his.
[17] He leadeth counsellers away spoiled, and maketh the judges fools.
[18] He looseth the bond of kings, and girdeth their loins with a girdle.
[19] He leadeth princes away spoiled, and overthroweth the mighty.
[20] He removeth away the speech of the trusty, and taketh away the understanding of the aged.
[21] He poureth contempt upon princes, and weakeneth the strength of the mighty.
[22] He discovereth deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out to light the shadow of death.
[23] He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again.
[24] He taketh away the heart of the chief of the people of the earth, and causeth them to wander in a wilderness where there is no way.
[25] They grope in the dark without light, and he maketh them to stagger like a drunken man.

Job.13

[1] Lo, mine eye hath seen all this, mine ear hath heard and understood it.
[2] What ye know, the same do I know also: I am not inferior unto you.
[3] Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God.
[4] But ye are forgers of lies, ye are all physicians of no value.
[5] O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.
[6] Hear now my reasoning, and hearken to the pleadings of my lips.
[7] Will ye speak wickedly for God? and talk deceitfully for him?
[8] Will ye accept his person? will ye contend for God?
[9] Is it good that he should search you out? or as one man mocketh another, do ye so mock him?
[10] He will surely reprove you, if ye do secretly accept persons.
[11] Shall not his excellency make you afraid? and his dread fall upon you?
[12] Your remembrances are like unto ashes, your bodies to bodies of clay.
[13] Hold your peace, let me alone, that I may speak, and let come on me what will.
[14] Wherefore do I take my flesh in my teeth, and put my life in mine hand?
[15] Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
[16] He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.
[17] Hear diligently my speech, and my declaration with your ears.
[18] Behold now, I have ordered my cause; I know that I shall be justified.
[19] Who is he that will plead with me? for now, if I hold my tongue, I shall give up the ghost.
[20] Only do not two things unto me: then will I not hide myself from thee.
[21] Withdraw thine hand far from me: and let not thy dread make me afraid.
[22] Then call thou, and I will answer: or let me speak, and answer thou me.
[23] How many are mine iniquities and sins? make me to know my transgression and my sin.
[24] Wherefore hidest thou thy face, and holdest me for thine enemy?
[25] Wilt thou break a leaf driven to and fro? and wilt thou pursue the dry stubble?
[26] For thou writest bitter things against me, and makest me to possess the iniquities of my youth.
[27] Thou puttest my feet also in the stocks, and lookest narrowly unto all my paths; thou settest a print upon the heels of my feet.
[28] And he, as a rotten thing, consumeth, as a garment that is moth eaten.

Job.14

[1] Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.
[2] He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.
[3] And dost thou open thine eyes upon such an one, and bringest me into judgment with thee?
[4] Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.
[5] Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;
[6] Turn from him, that he may rest, till he shall accomplish, as an hireling, his day.
[7] For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
[8] Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
[9] Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.
[10] But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?
[11] As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:
[12] So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.
[13] O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
[14] If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
[15] Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.
[16] For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin?
[17] My transgression is sealed up in a bag, and thou sewest up mine iniquity.
[18] And surely the mountain falling cometh to nought, and the rock is removed out of his place.
[19] The waters wear the stones: thou washest away the things which grow out of the dust of the earth; and thou destroyest the hope of man.
[20] Thou prevailest for ever against him, and he passeth: thou changest his countenance, and sendest him away.
[21] His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them.
[22] But his flesh upon him shall have pain, and his soul within him shall mourn.

Job.15

[1] Then answered Eliphaz the Temanite, and said,
[2] Should a wise man utter vain knowledge, and fill his belly with the east wind?
[3] Should he reason with unprofitable talk? or with speeches wherewith he can do no good?
[4] Yea, thou castest off fear, and restrainest prayer before God.
[5] For thy mouth uttereth thine iniquity, and thou choosest the tongue of the crafty.
[6] Thine own mouth condemneth thee, and not I: yea, thine own lips testify against thee.
[7] Art thou the first man that was born? or wast thou made before the hills?
[8] Hast thou heard the secret of God? and dost thou restrain wisdom to thyself?
[9] What knowest thou, that we know not? what understandest thou, which is not in us?
[10] With us are both the grayheaded and very aged men, much elder than thy father.
[11] Are the consolations of God small with thee? is there any secret thing with thee?
[12] Why doth thine heart carry thee away? and what do thy eyes wink at,
[13] That thou turnest thy spirit against God, and lettest such words go out of thy mouth?
[14] What is man, that he should be clean? and he which is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?
[15] Behold, he putteth no trust in his saints; yea, the heavens are not clean in his sight.
[16] How much more abominable and filthy is man, which drinketh iniquity like water?
[17] I will shew thee, hear me; and that which I have seen I will declare;
[18] Which wise men have told from their fathers, and have not hid it:
[19] Unto whom alone the earth was given, and no stranger passed among them.
[20] The wicked man travaileth with pain all his days, and the number of years is hidden to the oppressor.
[21] A dreadful sound is in his ears: in prosperity the destroyer shall come upon him.
[22] He believeth not that he shall return out of darkness, and he is waited for of the sword.
[23] He wandereth abroad for bread, saying, Where is it? he knoweth that the day of darkness is ready at his hand.
[24] Trouble and anguish shall make him afraid; they shall prevail against him, as a king ready to the battle.
[25] For he stretcheth out his hand against God, and strengtheneth himself against the Almighty.
[26] He runneth upon him, even on his neck, upon the thick bosses of his bucklers:
[27] Because he covereth his face with his fatness, and maketh collops of fat on his flanks.
[28] And he dwelleth in desolate cities, and in houses which no man inhabiteth, which are ready to become heaps.
[29] He shall not be rich, neither shall his substance continue, neither shall he prolong the perfection thereof upon the earth.
[30] He shall not depart out of darkness; the flame shall dry up his branches, and by the breath of his mouth shall he go away.
[31] Let not him that is deceived trust in vanity: for vanity shall be his recompence.
[32] It shall be accomplished before his time, and his branch shall not be green.
[33] He shall shake off his unripe grape as the vine, and shall cast off his flower as the olive.
[34] For the congregation of hypocrites shall be desolate, and fire shall consume the tabernacles of bribery.
[35] They conceive mischief, and bring forth vanity, and their belly prepareth deceit.

Job.16

[1] Then Job answered and said,
[2] I have heard many such things: miserable comforters are ye all.
[3] Shall vain words have an end? or what emboldeneth thee that thou answerest?
[4] I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you.
[5] But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.
[6] Though I speak, my grief is not asswaged: and though I forbear, what am I eased?
[7] But now he hath made me weary: thou hast made desolate all my company.
[8] And thou hast filled me with wrinkles, which is a witness against me: and my leanness rising up in me beareth witness to my face.
[9] He teareth me in his wrath, who hateth me: he gnasheth upon me with his teeth; mine enemy sharpeneth his eyes upon me.
[10] They have gaped upon me with their mouth; they have smitten me upon the cheek reproachfully; they have gathered themselves together against me.
[11] God hath delivered me to the ungodly, and turned me over into the hands of the wicked.
[12] I was at ease, but he hath broken me asunder: he hath also taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces, and set me up for his mark.
[13] His archers compass me round about, he cleaveth my reins asunder, and doth not spare; he poureth out my gall upon the ground.
[14] He breaketh me with breach upon breach, he runneth upon me like a giant.
[15] I have sewed sackcloth upon my skin, and defiled my horn in the dust.
[16] My face is foul with weeping, and my eyelids is the shadow of death;
[17] Not for any injustice in mine hands: also my prayer is pure.
[18] O earth, cover not thou my blood, and let my cry have no place.
[19] Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my record is on high.
[20] My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God.
[21] O that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleadeth for his neighbour!
[22] When a few years are come, then I shall go the way whence I shall not return.

Job.17

[1] My breath is corrupt, my days are extinct, the graves are ready for me.
[2] Are there not mockers with me? and doth not mine eye continue in their provocation?
[3] Lay down now, put me in a surety with thee; who is he that will strike hands with me?
[4] For thou hast hid their heart from understanding: therefore shalt thou not exalt them.
[5] He that speaketh flattery to his friends, even the eyes of his children shall fail.
[6] He hath made me also a byword of the people; and aforetime I was as a tabret.
[7] Mine eye also is dim by reason of sorrow, and all my members are as a shadow.
[8] Upright men shall be astonied at this, and the innocent shall stir up himself against the hypocrite.
[9] The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.
[10] But as for you all, do ye return, and come now: for I cannot find one wise man among you.
[11] My days are past, my purposes are broken off, even the thoughts of my heart.
[12] They change the night into day: the light is short because of darkness.
[13] If I wait, the grave is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness.
[14] I have said to corruption, Thou art my father: to the worm, Thou are my mother, and my sister.
[15] And where is now my hope? as for my hope, who shall see it?
[16] They shall go down to the bars of the pit, when our rest together is in the dust.

Job.18

[1] Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said,
[2] How long will it be ere ye make an end of words? mark, and afterwards we will speak.
[3] Wherefore are we counted as beasts, and reputed vile in your sight?
[4] He teareth himself in his anger: shall the earth be forsaken for thee? and shall the rock be removed out of his place?
[5] Yea, the light of the wicked shall be put out, and the spark of his fire shall not shine.
[6] The light shall be dark in his tabernacle, and his candle shall be put out with him.
[7] The steps of his strength shall be straitened, and his own counsel shall cast him down.
[8] For he is cast into a net by his own feet, and he walketh upon a snare.
[9] The gin shall take him by the heel, and the robber shall prevail against him.
[10] The snare is laid for him in the ground, and a trap for him in the way.
[11] Terrors shall make him afraid on every side, and shall drive him to his feet.
[12] His strength shall be hungerbitten, and destruction shall be ready at his side.
[13] It shall devour the strength of his skin: even the firstborn of death shall devour his strength.
[14] His confidence shall be rooted out of his tabernacle, and it shall bring him to the king of terrors.
[15] It shall dwell in his tabernacle, because it is none of his: brimstone shall be scattered upon his habitation.
[16] His roots shall be dried up beneath, and above shall his branch be cut off.
[17] His remembrance shall perish from the earth, and he shall have no name in the street.
[18] He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world.
[19] He shall neither have son nor nephew among his people, nor any remaining in his dwellings.
[20] They that come after him shall be astonied at his day, as they that went before were affrighted.
[21] Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, and this is the place of him that knoweth not God.

Job.19

[1] Then Job answered and said,
[2] How long will ye vex my soul, and break me in pieces with words?
[3] These ten times have ye reproached me: ye are not ashamed that ye make yourselves strange to me.
[4] And be it indeed that I have erred, mine error remaineth with myself.
[5] If indeed ye will magnify yourselves against me, and plead against me my reproach:
[6] Know now that God hath overthrown me, and hath compassed me with his net.
[7] Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard: I cry aloud, but there is no judgment.
[8] He hath fenced up my way that I cannot pass, and he hath set darkness in my paths.
[9] He hath stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown from my head.
[10] He hath destroyed me on every side, and I am gone: and mine hope hath he removed like a tree.
[11] He hath also kindled his wrath against me, and he counteth me unto him as one of his enemies.
[12] His troops come together, and raise up their way against me, and encamp round about my tabernacle.
[13] He hath put my brethren far from me, and mine acquaintance are verily estranged from me.
[14] My kinsfolk have failed, and my familiar friends have forgotten me.
[15] They that dwell in mine house, and my maids, count me for a stranger: I am an alien in their sight.
[16] I called my servant, and he gave me no answer; I intreated him with my mouth.
[17] My breath is strange to my wife, though I intreated for the children's sake of mine own body.
[18] Yea, young children despised me; I arose, and they spake against me.
[19] All my inward friends abhorred me: and they whom I loved are turned against me.
[20] My bone cleaveth to my skin and to my flesh, and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth.
[21] Have pity upon me, have pity upon me, O ye my friends; for the hand of God hath touched me.
[22Why do ye persecute me as God, and are not satisfied with my flesh?
[23] Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
[24] That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
[25For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
[26] And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
[27] Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
[28] But ye should say, Why persecute we him, seeing the root of the matter is found in me?
[29] Be ye afraid of the sword: for wrath bringeth the punishments of the sword, that ye may know there is a judgment.

Job.20

[1] Then answered Zophar the Naamathite, and said,
[2] Therefore do my thoughts cause me to answer, and for this I make haste.
[3] I have heard the check of my reproach, and the spirit of my understanding causeth me to answer.
[4] Knowest thou not this of old, since man was placed upon earth,
[5] That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?
[6] Though his excellency mount up to the heavens, and his head reach unto the clouds;
[7] Yet he shall perish for ever like his own dung: they which have seen him shall say, Where is he?
[8] He shall fly away as a dream, and shall not be found: yea, he shall be chased away as a vision of the night.
[9] The eye also which saw him shall see him no more; neither shall his place any more behold him.
[10] His children shall seek to please the poor, and his hands shall restore their goods.
[11] His bones are full of the sin of his youth, which shall lie down with him in the dust.
[12] Though wickedness be sweet in his mouth, though he hide it under his tongue;
[13] Though he spare it, and forsake it not; but keep it still within his mouth:
[14] Yet his meat in his bowels is turned, it is the gall of asps within him.
[15] He hath swallowed down riches, and he shall vomit them up again: God shall cast them out of his belly.
[16] He shall suck the poison of asps: the viper's tongue shall slay him.
[17] He shall not see the rivers, the floods, the brooks of honey and butter.
[18] That which he laboured for shall he restore, and shall not swallow it down: according to his substance shall the restitution be, and he shall not rejoice therein.
[19] Because he hath oppressed and hath forsaken the poor; because he hath violently taken away an house which he builded not;
[20] Surely he shall not feel quietness in his belly, he shall not save of that which he desired.
[21] There shall none of his meat be left; therefore shall no man look for his goods.
[22] In the fulness of his sufficiency he shall be in straits: every hand of the wicked shall come upon him.
[23] When he is about to fill his belly, God shall cast the fury of his wrath upon him, and shall rain it upon him while he is eating.
[24] He shall flee from the iron weapon, and the bow of steel shall strike him through.
[25] It is drawn, and cometh out of the body; yea, the glittering sword cometh out of his gall: terrors are upon him.
[26] All darkness shall be hid in his secret places: a fire not blown shall consume him; it shall go ill with him that is left in his tabernacle.
[27] The heaven shall reveal his iniquity; and the earth shall rise up against him.
[28] The increase of his house shall depart, and his goods shall flow away in the day of his wrath.
[29] This is the portion of a wicked man from God, and the heritage appointed unto him by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment